Sunday 29 April 2012

Happiness

Despite all of the cheerfulness of the last few posts, I have been having a bit of a depressing week with just one thing after another. The weather isn't helping either! Not a good time for the sun to go on holiday!
Still, I have tried to cheer myself up with some gorgeous flowers which I have arranged in several glasses around the room. I reorganised my windowsill just to fit them in!



I have my three little glasses on the window sill and then my usual big jumbled bunch in the Santa mug. Just look at the colours!!!



 A bit of summer sunshine during one of the wettest droughts I have seen!!

It was so lovely to be snuggled up in my room last night listening to the rain lashing against the window and knowing I didn't have to go anywhere. It was so cosy, look..



Ah, you eagle eyed readers will have noticed my ripple blanket amongst all the other crocheted goodness. It isn't completely finished, there are a few rows left to do, but I was so excited about it that I have started using it already and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to wake up and look down the length of the bed at all the cheerful stripeyness- a great way to start the morning!!
Even more eagle eyed readers will have noticed my new project sitting waiting to be completed. It is a blooming flower cushion, as described by the lovely Lucy in the Attic. It isn't finished yet and I have to keep dragging myself away from it to get on with some university work so it might take me a while. Still, here is what I have so far...


Tee-hee, looks so funky lying on my ripple blanket!!


So regardless of how disgusting and wet it is outside (the canal has risen an awful lot lately)...


...it is warm, woolly and cosy in my room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment