Monday 14 May 2012

Waterlily Broach

Ah, a morning of freedom!! What to do??? Answer....crochet!!!
I found the most amazing granny square pattern on the Internet today for a waterlily square. It is on a blog called Bigú Handmade. The pattern itself has been translated from Spanish so can be a bit confusing and I have adapted some of the stitches to make it easier for myself (I might do my first ever crochet 'how-to' at some point with this but I have to make sure I get it right first).
You start by making the flower...


...then you add the leaves...

 
...and then you are supposed to add the square at the back- although I got quite excited by various other ideas, and ended up cutting out two squares of green felt and adding a button and a safety pin and it miraculously turned into....


...a broach!!!
I am now going shopping for this month's Mollie Makes so I shall take my little broach with me and see if people say anything!! I'm very proud of this mornings activities I must say!! =D


..............................................................................................................................
 
Edit to add: I have finally got my act together and written a tutorial for this broach. If you have any further questions or queries don't hesitate to message me!
P.S- you don't have to keep it as a broach, you could just have them as flowers, or even stitch on a hair clip and use it as a hair accessory!

No comments:

Post a Comment