Thursday 25 October 2012

General Update


Evening All!!! Thought you would like an update on my daily life. Milo is starting to come out of his shell and lets me pick him up from his bin cage more. He's even grown a little!! We have discovered that he doesn't like green beans or sweetcorn but loves carrots! Always good to know.


I went on a fabric sourcing trip to London yesterday which was fabulous!! (Don't ask me how much was spent, even I don't know!!) I will show you the photos of the fabrics I bought tomorrow when I get a chance to photograph them. We visited Liberty, Anthropologie and several Cloth shops. Liberty is AMAZING!! My favourite bit wasn't even the fabric section (sacrilege!), it was the Christmas section!! Nearly an entire floor dedicated to pretty decorations and lights and glitter!
One shop I visited was a silk shop and most of their fabrics were over £100 a metre!! Instead of getting samples we were allowed to photograph...look how cool these fabrics are!!



All sparkly and pretty- I shudder to think of their price!

I got the funniest parcel in the post the other day. October is my family's main birthday season and we have five birthdays all very close together- lots of cake and presents!! I suggested in a letter to my Grandad (chief jelly chef) that he should make me some jelly and post it to me- and he almost did just that!


I didn't know anything about it of course until the mysterious package arrived, double wrapped in two labelled envelopes. Inside was this handmade box, and inside the box....


JELLY!!!!!! With hand written instructions on how to make said jelly.

Bless him, so cute! He said that he had sent me un-jellified jelly because ready made stuff might get a bit messy in the post!
I haven't made it yet, will let you know how that one goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment