Sunday 24 March 2013

SAS Rescue Misson!


Hi Blogsters! I have had a very interesting last few days- especially with it being the last week of term. The Easter bunnies were a present from Lucy (thank you Lucy) and may possibly have all hopped their way into my tummy.
I was supposed to be going home today- although thanks to an SAS style rescue mission from my Aunt/Uncle/two Cousins who decided that because the weather in Leicester was predicted to be terrible and horrendously snowy this weekend they would rush up and get me- I have been home since Friday night. I was all very exciting, I got several calls during the day with will we/won't we conversations until eventually in the evening I got a call that said, 'we are coming, start packing'. So I rushed around packing various things in my room and sorting out the hamsters, then when they arrived, we packed the car and left! Pronto! It had been snowing on and off all day and we encountered some horrible snowy conditions on the motor ways so it sounds like I got out in the nick of time.
It did mean we got to The Aunt/Uncle's house at 3 in the morning and I had to sleep on the sofa with rain heavily pounding on the conservatory room and the hamsters going mad on their flying saucers having been cooped up in travel boxes for 4 hours, but it was worth it! And now I am home! Daffodils on the table, an unimpressed looking cat and the hamsters settled and tucked behind the kitchen table. So, henceforth, let the holiday and crafty times begin!!!




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are back safe Beth! Hopefully I'll see you soon x

    ReplyDelete