Thursday 23 May 2013

Do You Like Butter?


Isn't this a beautiful sight? I do love wild gardens- this particular patch was on my way into town to meet a friend for lunch. Right next to the River Uck! It had a really lovely combination of the cow parsley, buttercups, and whatever the purple flowers are.




Further on down my walk there were massive banks of these shining buttercups- I have done the butter test and I admit, I am a fan of butter.



Back home again after a lovely lunch and a good ol' natter, these are the flowers currently adorning the kitchen windowsill. I really love this shade of pink- orchids are such a pretty flower!! The turquoise of these old glass jars really go well with the colours of the orchid.



I treated myself whilst in the town to two bunches of carnations!! Only two!! And they managed to fill three jars/vases!! Goodness what a bargain. You can't see very well but there are red ones and white ones, hopefully they should look stupendous when the flowers open a bit more!!




And I have been busy making lots of daffies for another project I am working on, which I shall work on for a bit longer before revealing!


I will need lots more daffies though!

 
The secret project also involves this kanzashi flower maker (one of four to come) which arrived today in the post. I am very excited to get started on these little flowers!! If I can figure out how the thing works....
 
 
......................................................................................................................................................................
 
Edit to add:
 
I have been reliably informed by Dad that the spiky purple flowers in the top two photos are actually a kind of wild orchid!! Plus, a flower I didn't mention before that is also hidden amongst the rest is wild garlic, which I noticed (and smelt) when walking back that way this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment