Friday 24 May 2013

White Chocolate & Raspberry Cookies




Last night was my first stoolball game of the year- not the first stoolball game of the year however as I missed a few whilst at uni. The first one is always the most scary though as irrational fears creep in like; do I remember how to play? Have I lost all semblance of technique? Will I be absolutely terrible? etc. The worst part is the dreaded morning after- paying the price for not doing any exercise over the winter. I can barely move without the majority of my muscles protesting!!! It was very pretty playing in a field covered in daisies though, almost makes up for it!!


This morning I started my almost ritualistic summer baking routine- sometimes you just have to bake!! Today's endeavours are rather rustic looking oaty raspberry and white chocolate cookies which are disappearing from the plate rather rapidly!!


The recipe I used was translated from all kinds of Americanisms and originally had cranberries in it (which sounds very nice actually- maybe for the next batch?), so for us Brits, here is my translation!!

Ingredients:

150g Butter
120g Brown Sugar
225g Oats
225g Plain Flour
130g Chocolate Chips
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
Fruit of your choice and as much as you want to put in!! I just chucked in a small punnet of raspberries.

Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Mix together the sugar and butter, slowly add in the eggs. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mix slowly to the wet. When combined, add in the chocolate chips then lastly the fruit.
Line baking trays with paper and dollop the mix onto the tray, gently pushing down the top of the dollop to slightly flatten the cookie. You can be as precise or as carefree as you like.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are turning a more golden brown.
Let them cool and then watch as they magically begin to disappear!!


Whilst I have your attention caught by my lovely cookies- I have been in full production mode and, rather unusually for me, made lots of ATCs for one swap--early!!! Well I say early, the deadline is the end of the month so only just within the time. Still pretty impressive for my deadline skills. These continue the colour theme swaps and are quite obviously pInK!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment