Thursday 6 June 2013

Southover Grange


Ah, I have said it before and I will say it again- I do love Lewes!! Lots of interesting nooks and crannies down wonky side streets. These pictures come from Southover Grange, a house and garden nestled away in a corner of the town. It is really pretty and much loved by residents as it is always open and available for picnicking in.

 


Lots of areas are much loved by the Lewes residents, especially the pubs which are on nearly every street corner!!



There are many pretty churches with beautifully carved doorways, and walls belonging to the priory or built from the robbed out remains.



Plus quirky little tunnels with rail tracks running across the top. This one is very sweet as it is short and stout.


As I mentioned in a previous post, Thursday is stoolball day and I arrived very early, having spent a lot of time on the bus. Happily, I happened to have some wool and a crochet hook so spent my time productively, playing around with some flowery ideas.


This is what I came up with!! The actual design is only the two bottom layers- the top flower is the pattern I devised for my summer hat (pattern for that can be found here!). The flower (bottom two layers) is based on the flowers I came up with for my secret project which I am doing a tutorial for as we speak! I am going to call them waggon wheel flowers as they kind of have spoke-y centres, and because I love you all dearly, I have photographed my way through making one of the above flowers so will do you a tutorial for that too!!! I think I will call them....double waggon wheel flowers!! =P


......................................................................................................................................................................

Edit to add: Both of the flower patterns mentioned in this post have now been written up and are available for you to have a go yourself!! Click here for the waggon wheel flower, and here for the double waggon wheel flower- or look under tutorials in my sidebar. I would love to see what you create with these patterns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment