Saturday 29 June 2013

Summer of ♥


What glorious weather we are having today!!! Dare I ask if it is here to stay? At least for a long weekend, surely?
It really is a summer of love, regardless of what the weather is doing. Kit & Ziggy, whilst not actually loving each other (tolerate may be more apt), seem to be doing OK together. The little scene in the above photo made me laugh. They look like Egyptian cat guardians, keepers of the steps.


To my delight I discovered a secret strawberry plant which seems to have self seeded itself in a flower bed! I am in half a mind to dig it up and start a new pot of strawberries as my other pot are doing so well this year- we are still getting a few strawberries a day. Today there were four! Ripe and juicy and warm from the sun.


 
Flowers are blooming all over the place.  I am loving these magnificent orange lilies which have blossomed seemingly overnight and now add a dash of fiery colour to the flowerbed.



Delicate little sweetpeas have wrapped themselves around the budlia plant. And my SoE show rose has its first flower!!! Can you be proud of a plant? It smells gorgeous too.



I think it is the combination of flowers and the colours which is the most exciting thing about a garden. Some gardeners plan their flower beds to have a certain colour theme and pay attention to the heights of the plants in relation to their position in the bed- all sorts of technical things. Dad, the keeper of the garden, doesn't go for all that. Plants just go wherever there is a space usually, and he chooses colours he likes. The mish mash works well for all- and I LoVe it!!


1 comment:

  1. It is indeed a beautiful weather, although my hay fever is not taking it very well, I must admit. Lovely pictures. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete