Thursday 29 May 2014

Playing Catch-Up


Harriet and Hamilton are off again on their adventures. They and their friend Amy are off to Barcelona (in fact they are probably there now, enjoying the sunshine) for a few days. I'm not jealous, no no.......not jealous at all......


Us English peeps have been having some wet, windy, dull weather of late. There was 5 minutes of sunshine this morning but I blinked and missed most of it. The plants seem to be enjoying themselves though- my Hydrangea is starting to gain colour, albeit v.e.r.y s.l.o.w.l.y.


And my lovely purple Rose has taken a definite battering from the weather.


It has been a good time to stay indoors and catch up on some of my Sew and Stitch. The Mother is very anxious that I don't catch her up and is doing her own little bits at a time whilst trying to discourage me from continuing- just a small amount of sewing rivalry!


My lovely little starfish square. I do like the detached chain stitches in the middle. They really add a three-dimensional element to the fabric.



This square is a little longer than the others, apparently it is going to form part of the border. I guess we will have to wait and see what S&S have planned for this little boat.



And finally, a very simple square that has been designed to snuggle next to one of my previous squares.



No comments:

Post a Comment