Monday 12 May 2014

The Final, Final Hand In!!


I hadn't realised it has been over a week since my last blog post, hopefully you can forgive me when you see how busy I have been!! Things have definitely been a movin' and a shakin' round here!! On Friday we had to paint and paper the studio ready for hand in, what do you think of the space I was given? Not too shabby, especially as I also have a single table and wall opposite those two.
Last night was quite stressful, I was ticking things off copious amounts of lists, checking, double checking and tRiPlE checking, packing and unpacking and fretting. Quite a lot of fretting. This is what the kitchen looked like with all my bits ready for the off (apart from the hamster. He didn't come with us).


This morning myself and Lucy (my very helpful minion helper) booked a taxi and struggled into the studio with all of the baggages. Things went up surprisingly quickly and easily- probably because I had been up half the night trying to sleep but instead thinking about where everything needed to go. The lampshades caused some issues as they wouldn't hang properly- I would like to point out that the photo shows wonky lampshades, they are no longer wonky. (Well...not as wonky.)



The little table opposite just had a few of my nicer samples pinned or hung up, and then admin related things on the table (research folders etc).


I'm quite chuffed with it really.


Everyone else's looked absolutely FAB!! Naturally, it always does. I only managed to grab a few photos before we were kicked out of the studio, but you should be able to see the amazing standard that there is this year- and also the diversity, which always amazes me.

 (Victoria de Nobrega)

 (Megan Evans)


 (Beth Roseveare)



 (Amber Gargan)


Hopefully at some point I will be able to get a few more photos for you of other people's work, I know how much you love looking at them!! And of course, next up is degree show so there will definitely be photos of that!!
We didn't really know what to do with ourselves after handing in, the tutors were very sweet and made cakes for us and we had wine and cake in the print workshop. The Mixed Media girls then went out for lunch together but we were all so tired the party broke up quite quickly and most people went home to their beds. I decided to walk along the canal on the way home as I haven't had the chance for a while, and there were lots of cute ducklings!!



Hmmm, what to do with myself now?!


No comments:

Post a Comment