Monday 26 May 2014

The Smallest Of Changes


I finished a boat square for my Sew and Stitch yesterday evening. I think I prefer the boat with strong black lines but there we go. Variety is the spice of life. I am considering putting a logo or some text in the sails to make it more personal and interesting. Do you have any thoughts on what I could put?


(Mine)                                                            (The Mother's) 

On the subject of changes, I thought you might be interested to see what I mean when I say I have changed and personalised mine. The general premise, shapes and themes within the squares are the same, but I like to change odd little bits. The Mother tends to keep hers relatively true to the original pattern so I am comparing mine with hers. The square above actually caused a bit of controversy within the S&S following because they tried to make you print off your own template rather than printing it for you like they usually do- when The Mother printed hers, the template came out a lot smaller than the square, so I adjusted mine to make mine bigger- she kept hers at the size of the printed template.

 (Mine)                                                                   (The Mother's)

 (Mine)                                                       (The Mother's)

 (Mine)                                                     (The Mother's)

 (The Mother's)

Hopefully you won't judge the neatness of mine too harshly against The Mother's- she is super neat!! Especially all of her stitching.

(Mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment