Friday 15 August 2014

Friday Happies ♥♥


Snuggles with the purdy tat! He has been very snuggly this morning and, although not usually a lap cat (more of a "I'll sit next to you so that you don't feel lonely" cat) he has insisted on sleeping on my lap and is making very cute chirpy snores. It does mean holding the laptop at a very awkward angle, but he is too cute to disturb. A bit like the other evening when he claimed a knee and fell asleep. At least I could still crochet then though!

♥♥ I have been working like a person possessed on The Sister's crochet blanket mark II. It is about the same width as the kitchen table now although there are still many stripes to go and I am toying with the idea of adding an edge. I have been researching different edges having never properly edged any of my ripple blankets- maybe I should revisit them and finish them off properly. 


♥♥♥ Working with such lovely colours is a great cause of happiness. Especially when it is so drab and dreary outside. I am loving organising the wools into rainbows at my feet so that I know exactly which colour is coming next (not usually how I work- generally I am a go-with-the-flow colour picker).



♥♥♥♥ The summer seems to be slipping away from us now, with the last mid-summer flowers beginning to turn to seed. The weather has definitely turned slightly Autumnal in the last few days with the temperature dropping and the heavy rain blasting the delicate petals and pushing taller plants over.


 
♥♥♥♥♥ On a personal flower note, I am very pleased to see that both my Hydrangea and my Purple Rose are having a second go at flowers. They are so pretty!!


♥♥♥♥♥♥ And finally, I am going on the first of my jolly holibobs tomorrow to the very exotic Herefordshire. It is only for a week though and I will try to check in when I can on the Dotty T Facebook page. Otherwise, see you in a week's time!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment