Wednesday 27 August 2014

Matilda Cushion


The other day I had a request from a very good friend. "I've found the most wonderful fabric!" she said. "I just had to buy it!" she said. "Could you make it into a cushion?" she said.
"Of course!" I said. And so I did. This morning.


The fabric really is lovely, inspired by the Quentin Blake illustrations for Matilda, a children's book by Roald Dahl. I think it came from C&H Fabrics if anyone is looking for Matilda themed fabrics, there might be lots of Quentin Blake themed ones, which would be exciting.
As ever, I made it an envelope backed cushion (my absolute fav and so easy to do!!), and the whole thing was made very quickly whilst Amy looked on (she did help to pull the pins out after I had finished sewing). Apparently now I have a request for a cushion making course so that she can learn to make up her own. Something to think about.

The cushion is designated to go onto Amy's teacher chair where I'm sure it will look fantastic. One very satisfied customer.


No comments:

Post a Comment