Wednesday 10 September 2014

Emily Richards Fineoutline


You may have noticed that my blog's new look has finally been finished with a new banner!! It has been designed and illustrated (illustrated and designed?) by an old school chum of mine, Emily Richards.
I have watched her progress through university and developing her own style with interest, and love the splashes of colour against the bold lines, so when I decided I wanted a new logo and blog banner, her work instantly sprung to mind!



I asked Emily to send me a little paragraph about herself, her inspirations and what she has been up to recently. She said:

"I graduated at University for the Creative Arts with a 2:1 practising as an illustrator. I am often combining design with my ability to draw, giving me a unique quality to bring to the creative industry. Basing the majority of my work on reportage themes I often am inspired by my surroundings and the British environment. After exhibiting at New Designers this year I was lucky enough to be given a John Lewis 'we love' award and was further commissioned by Waitrose. I have then followed my freelance dream and was given a placement at Tigerprint studios partnered with Hallmark and gained experience with a creative team working to briefs and deadlines. I wish now to further my passion and profession working as a freelancer, illustrating and designing within editorial publications."


Personally it has been lovely to work with Emily and to watch the design develop from its very early stages to the finished thing. All I said to her was colour, sewing implements and a kind of patchwork background. Amazing how a few words can be translated into an image like that.



So just so we all know what my new blog banner (it is also on my Etsy shop) and logo looks like, here they are again...


The logo has gone on to my Facebook page and I am also considering getting a new lot of business cards printed with the new look (although I still have hundreds and hundreds left over from New Designers!!). Blown up to this size though, you can see how Emily combines hand drawn images with computer based colours and lines. Very clever.
I am thrilled with my new look, and I hope you like it too. If you would like to contact Emily then there is her Emily Richards Fineoutline Facebook Page, her Fine Outline Website, and also an Etsy Shop. Do follow her so that you can keep updated with her latest commissions too.


No comments:

Post a Comment