Tuesday 11 November 2014

Camera Catch Up


Hello! I am sorry, I didn't mean to be gone from Blogland for so long. As a commuting full time worker I don't have as much free-time as I did before and when I do eventually get home it is dark and therefore it is a struggle to take decent photos of my projects. Creative things are still happening around here- albeit very slowly. I have nearly finished stitching my Christmas Card ATCs so hopefully one day soon I can show you the finished cards.
What with all of the rain we have been having, my local river has been going up and down like a yo-yo! This is what it looked like last week after a particularly long and hard downpour, the noise was tremendous!


This post is a bit of a catch up of a few photos found on my camera from last week and the beginning of this week. I was thrilled to discover that Costa (the coffee shop) have begun their Christmas range of drinks!! The one below is their Chocolate Brownie Hot Chocolate. Really delicious!! This morning I had their Black Forest Hot Chocolate which is definitely a firm favourite.


On Sunday the parents and I went out shopping  to a big local garden centre (they have some fantastic Christmas displays and presents) and ended up having a picnic on top of Firle Beacon which was rather nice. The wind was much calmer than the last time we were up there, and you could see the areas of flooding down below.





I am not sure I am enjoying getting up in the dark and getting home in the dark, however, when there are beautiful sunrises like the one this morning it does help to blast away the morning blues.



It was like a fiery rainbow.


I also treated myself to a gorgeous frilly Cyclamen at the weekend. The colour is just so bright and cheerful and beautiful- the photo is awful (taken in the dark, tsk) but even then the colours shine through.


Hope you are all wrapping up warm in the wet and the wind. We are having lots of colds beginning the rounds at work so I am trying to avoid catching anything. Think cosy thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment