Tuesday 2 December 2014

A Partridge In A Pear Tree


Evening All!! I did these cards last week but forgot to put up photos of them. Unusually for me I made two, one to send out and one to keep. I rarely do this but I really liked the first one I made and as we are only making one card to send a month in this series, I thought I would make my own set at the same time.


I am kind of in charge of this swap as it was my idea. We are making one card a month following the 12 Days of Christmas rhyme. Slightly late for Christmas this year, we are aiming to be done by next year.


So for this month we were being inspired by 'A Partridge In A Pear Tree'!


We are sending directly to a swap partner rather than sending to a host who then swaps them out, so I have very quickly received my return from the lovely Janet.


This card is beautiful.. You can't see it very well in the photos, but it has glittering bronze pears and beautiful machine stitched branches. A gorgeous start to hopefully a really successful ongoing swap.


And I had a little surprise this evening. I went to help out at the Christmas fair that the Guides made all of those jams and chutneys and cards for at the weekend (we made £60!) and had a surprise presentation sprung on me as I have been a Guide Leader for 5 years! I hadn't been counting so it's nice to know that other people are.


No comments:

Post a Comment