Monday 14 November 2016

Little Red Roof


How exciting is this? My loyal, ever pleasing Christmas Cactus is flowering again!! The shape of the blooms remind me of a dragon sticking its tongue out which always amuses, and these little dragons are very plentiful on this cactus- it just goes completely mad and turns from a relatively insignificant green succulent, into a hot pink explosion!!


Even more excitingly is that my other Christmas Cactus, which was rescued last year from a sale bin which could quite literally have had 'rescue these if you dare' written on it is also beginning to flower! It has always looked a sickly plant, even though I have spent a year encouraging it and feeding it special succulent food every now and then, and this is its first time of flowering. I don't even know what colour the flowers are going to be, the buds started out as a peach but seem to be darkening to a brighter pink as they get bigger. I'll keep you posted.




I have started working on a miniature stitchscape, only 10 centimetres (4 inches) square. It's so cute and diddy! I already have the frame for this one so am making it fit that rather than the other way around.


It's another piece inspired by my bus journey into work where we go over a high point and below us are rolling hills with a little house perched on one of them. It doesn't look like my little red roofed and painted front door exactly, but it's along the same lines. I especially love the little meadow of blue flowers at the front, I'm thinking of adding a few yellow dots to enhance the feeling of a summer meadow, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment